Sunday, July 15, 2007

The British are coming, the British are coming!!

Daddy's cousin Rachael and her husband Rob came to Toronto for a few days to visit with us before they headed out West to Calgary and B.C.. We were very excited as they have not been over to Canada since Mom and Dad's wedding 5 years ago. Aunt Katie and Uncle Mark hosted a dinner at their house to celebrate their arrival.

He'd been here less than 24 hours and Rob was already enjoying some Canadian beer.

I had such a fun time with Rachael. She reminded me very much of my Daddy (and she fed me Cheesies whenever I asked for them!).

I also got to hang out with B.J. He is learning to crawl and he loves to chew...including my new shoes...
...and the power cord for the television!

Whoa...extreme Beej close-up!

Everyone was warming up for their trip downtown to the Brant House but Daddy wouldn't let me have a sip of his drink.

In their drunken haze, everyone thought it would be a great idea to fit in our car so Mommy could give them a ride to our house to catch taxis downtown. I never would have guessed that we had room for 7 people and a baby!
They all had a blast at the Brant .

It was a slow start to Sunday morning for Daddy but we made it to Nana and Papa's for a bbq. Kaya and I enjoyed some chips at our Peter Rabbit table that Nana and Papa bought for us.

It was my first time having corn on the cob - delicious!

Then it was on to some ice cream with chocolate sauce - thank God for my fast metabolism!

Beej and Sarah are too little to sit at the table so they chilled on the grass in the shade. They had fun screaming at each other :-)

After all of that yummy food, it was time for a rest in the hammock with Rob and Rachael.

Loeke needed a rest too...but more likely from all of the children running around!

As always, thanks Nana and Papa for throwing a wonderful Sunday bbq.
Rob and Rachael - it was so great to finally meet you! Thank you for my Hamley's teddy bear. Nana was right...as soon as I got home, I couldn't put him down! We hope you have a safe and fun adventure out West and that it's not 5 years before we get to see you again!

No comments: