Monday, August 22, 2011

London Calling

To celebrate the beginning of the summer, Sloane, Mommy and I headed to London for a week long visit with Nana and Jody.
I was very excited about this trip because Nana has been promising me all Spring that we can camp out in the backyard once school was over.

Much to Mommy's surprise I actually slept in the tent overnight with Nana!!
Of course those of you who know my Nana will realize that she totally "pimped out" the tent. We had overhead twinkle lights, a stereo system with speakers and a DVD player. As yon can tell...my Nana loves to camp!
Jody also loves to camp but she opted to sleep indoors...perhaps cause Nana snores!!!

No camping experience is complete without S'Mores.

Jody is showing me her slow-roasting technique. It's the secret to the perfect marshmellow.

Oh yeah...these are GOOD!

Trips to Nana's also always involve a lot swimming in the pool and sunning on the deck.
I'm practising my Chateau Marmot poolside pose here for the papparazzi.

Nana is an amazing gardener and she grows all kinds of veggies: romaine lettuce, peppers, cucumbers, carrots, green onions and radishes. I helped pick some while we were there and found this radish that was shaped like a heart!

Nana and Jody took me to East Park for the first time. It's a park where Mommy used to go when she was little and it has mini golf, go karts, water slides, driving ranges and a golf course. Because I golf with Daddy, I have some mad putting skills!

Yep...I'm the super woman of mini golf!

No trip to East Park is complete without a trip to Thunder Alley!

Nana helped me get all suited up and ready to go!

I may be giving the thumbs up here but I'm not gonna lie...I was a wee bit nervous!

A quick flash of the peace sign and we're off!!

We had a blast at Nana and Jody's. Thanks so much for letting us spend a week with you. We always have the best time! XOXOXO

No comments: