Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Apple Picking

For the past 5 years we have gone apple picking at Applewoods Farm.
Check out this 'flash back' picture of me on my very first adventure when I was only 10 months old.

Last weekend we decided to brave the cold and possibility of showers and visit the Farm for our fifth apple picking adventure!

First stop is always the giant hay bails.
Whheeeee!!!!

It's also tradition for me to want to eat the very first apple that I pick.


Yummers...Cortland's are delish.

Nope...that's not a bunch of apples hiding under Mommy's coat. That's just my sister!

Because I'm tiny, Mom and Aly always send me right into the trees to pick all of the good ones that are unreachable to most people.

At one point, Uncle Tom didn't realize that I was under there and dropped a few apples on me by accident LOL.

Here's a good one!

As you can see, my latest trick when someone snaps a photo of me is the head tilt. It's a patented move :)

Surprisingly, despite the chill, there were still some raspberries clinging to the vines. We took advantage of sampling some while we waited for a tractor ride.
Group shot while waiting for the tractor driver to have a pee break!
Thanks Uncle Tom and Aunt Aly for taking us apple picking again (and for lunch at IKEA afterwards....mmmm...meatballs).
Can't wait to go next year and bring along my little sister!!

No comments: