It was a sunny but cool day as we arrived at the soccer field for Skylar's soccer debut.

I love how you can't see any leg since her socks and shorts are way too long for her!

Hurray...Meigs is here! (which means that Mommy is no longer wanted or needed).
Numbers 13 and 23 don't exist for little ones - sorry Mommy and Daddy - so I went with #9.
Alright...let's get this show on the road.
The skills portion of the warm up...using Simon Says to learn how to stop the ball.
Backing up my teammate, Adam, as he scores a goal.
On the way to try and score my own goal!
Watching the game and getting a few pointers from Daddy.
Mommy loves this shot as I just got the ball away from 3 people all by myself.
Meigs, Mommy and I huddle together to get warm. Don't let the sun fool you - it was downright cold!!
The traditional "good game" exchange after the game - super cute when its with 3.5 year olds.
After the game, we all piled in the car and headed to McDonald's. We had Beej for the weekend so it was a tight squeeze with two car seats. No wonder people with more than one kid fold and get a minivan!
With all of her marathon training, Cara hasn't been eating much McDonald's so she was very pleased to see a Big Mac!!
Beej and I were super excited to be there as well...especially since we'd both been asking about McDonald's since before the soccer game started!
Yep...Mommy is not very nice to her friends as she made Cara and Meigs squish in the trunk on the way home.
Thanks Meigs and Cara for taking the time on a Saturday and for braving the cold to cheer me on at my very first soccer game. What a great day and a special moment!! XO
No comments:
Post a Comment