Tuesday, July 01, 2008

My Canada Day weekend

Happy Canada Day!!
We travelled to London to visit my Nana C and Jody this past weekend.


Nana made sure I celebrated the occasion in style with my very own Canada Day chair complete with umbrella!! Even though it rained, I still got to try it out in the house while eat Rice Crispie squares and watching Treehouse. I can't wait to take it to Daddy's soccer games.


That night, we headed over to the Pallasad for a little bowling in celebration of my great Aunt Karyn's 50th birthday. I also got to meet my new twin baby cousins - Brooke and Nathan. Here is Nana playing with Brooke...I wasn't really sure about that. I'm a bit protective of my Nana!

My great Uncle Dino even let me have some "throws" of the bowling ball. Actually...they were more like "rolls". But if Mommy would have taken a picture right after this, it would have shown the STRIKE that we bowled!! Thanks so much to Uncle Dino for letting me play...and for being man enough to bowl with the bright pink ball I picked out for him!

After the bowling alley, we headed over to Henry's for the birthday bbq. Nathan and Brooke decided they'd had enough by this point. And Nana wasn't able to hug them when they were sleeping, so I was happy!
After bonding over our strike, I decided pretty quickly that great Uncle Dino was my favourite Uncle of the evening and I followed him everywhere. I even had him cutting up my dinner into tiny bit-sized pieces at my command! (I didn't have the heart to tell him that even Mommy and Daddy don't have to do that for me anymore!).

And he even went through the "Birds of London" book about 50 times with me. He'll be good and ready when his baby is born this August!

Here's a picture of all My Nana's brothers and her sister.

From Left to right: Uncle Dino, Nana, Aunt Karyn, Uncle Angelo and Uncle Aldo. And if you think that's a lot of family...we're missing some more brothers and sisters!!!

On Sunday, the sun finally peeked out of the clouds enough so I could put on my "baby" suit and go for a swim.

OH DADDY....THAT'S COLD!! Unfortunately...it wasn't that warm!

Thanks to my Nana and Jody for having us over and for a great time (as always!). And for those of you trying to figure out how my mom is actually older than three of her Uncles...don't bother...it's a long story!!!



No comments: