Sunday, September 09, 2007

Adventures on Brydon Bay!

When there are 11 adults and 4 children in your family and extended family and you'd like to rent a cottage...what do you do?


You rent an old camp that can sleep 21, has both a woman's and a men's bathroom, a private beach and your very own soccer field and volleyball court!!

After we finally made it to the cottage after some questionable directions, the first thing I did was raid Nana's wild blueberry stash. I needed some food for extra energy to keep up with Papa!

The beach was wonderfully sandy but the water was a bit chilly.

But I got used to it pretty fast and had some fun splashing around with Daddy (Mommy doesn't do 'lakes')!

Daddy and I decided to go for a canoe ride and we looked very stylish in our matching life jackets.

I still wasn't convinced that a boat ride was a good idea and I needed a little coaxing from Mommy and Aunt Katie.

Okay Daddy...but let's not make this a three hour tour!

A nibble of pita with dip and a cuddle with Nana was just what the doctor ordered after a long day of fun.

Then it was time to have a bath in the sink to get rid of all the sand that came back to the cottage hidden in my swimsuit!!

Mommy got some quality time with my cousin B.J.

B.J.'s nanny, Irene came to the cottage as well. She took us for a ton of wagon rides around the property. I liked her a lot and even learned to say her name. I think Irene had a good time too...she learned to swim from Aunt Katie and was a force to be reckoned with on the volleyball court - so much so that Mommy nicknamed her, 'the Killa from Manila'!

With the kids in bed, it was time to attack the giant bottle of wine that Darcy and Leah brought up. Liquid courage was definitely needed for the games in store later in the evening!

Daddy devised an obstacle course which required each person to wear the helmet of their choice. And if you think Aunt Katie was the only one to look silly....

...Think again!!!

After a few glasses of Scotch, Papa was even convinced to play 'Head Banz". If you look closely...you can see that this time, he was Michael Jackson!!!

On Saturday, Uncle Sean, Aunt Andrea, Kaya and Sarah came up to join us. Kaya had a fun time with the tree swing.

Of course, I wanted to try it as well although Mommy wasn't sure this was such a good idea.

I did it!!!

It must have been my new Nike running shoes...those suckers make me run faster and jump higher.

The cottage also had it's very own play centre for kids and , of course, the slide was my favourite.

WWHHEEEE!!

It was time to sit down and refuel on some Gold Fish with my cousins.

"Hey....why don't I have any Gold Fish of my own? And which one of you girls has my other shoe?? You just wait until I start walking...then it's payback time!!"

The Brydon Bay Gang!
From Left to Right...Aunt Katie, Uncle Mark, Leah Darcy & B.J., Nana, Me, Uncle Sean, Mommy, Sarah & Aunt Andrea, Kaya & Papa B.

Thank you Nana and Papa for finding the perfect place for all of us to get together and share some great food, good times and many, many laughs! Here's to making this the first year of many family cottage adventures.

No comments: