Sunday, May 20, 2007

Lions and Tigers and Bears....oh my!

It's been 7 months since our last Zoo trip so we decided to kick off the long weekend with another visit. Uncle Sean, Aunt Andrea and both Kaya and Sarah came as well.

Here I am deep in the depths of the African jungle looking for Gorillas (okay, so it's just the Gorilla Pavillion, use your imagination people!).

Is this a Gorilla? I thought they were a lot bigger than this?!
Okay, I know these aren't gorillas, but Daddy was very proud of his National Geographic photo of this Mommy and baby so I had to post it .

Oh, here he is! Thanks Kaya.

We found the giant fish tank again - I love that thing!My favourite animals to see were the elephants. They were a lot bigger than the stuffed ones that I have at home.

Meet the new Hippo Keeper at the Metro Toronto Zoo - Skylar Etherington!

Here I am practicing for my new position on a statue of a hippo. It's a rigorous training program!

There is a lot of ground to cover at the zoo and I wanted to do most of it all by myself . Oh no Daddy...I'm not getting back into my stroller!

If you want to keep movin', you're gonna have to carry me!

We stopped for some snacks to refuel.
I like to sit on the table - that way I have access to everyone's food. You know how I love to eat...everything!

This cheetah came so close to us, I thought I was going to be a snack!

While visiting the giraffes, I thought it would be fun to take off my hat and throw it into their pen. I'm not sure what all the fuss was about...Mommy is always telling me to share!

Uncle Sean saved the day as he bravely jumped over the railing, into the pen and retrieved my hat just before this family of giraffes charged at him!!! Okay... the rescue of my hat actually entailed Uncle Sean leaning over and hooking it with a giant stick that Mommy found. But the first version has more pizzazz , don't you think? Thanks Uncle Sean for saving my favourite hat. No matter the story, Mommy is very grateful!

While he was still feeling brave from the rescue of my hat from the ferocious pack of rabid giraffes, Uncle Sean took Kaya way up to the top of this treehouse in the kids zone of the Zoo.

The zoo is exhausting but I can't wait to go again! Hope cousin B.J. is feeling better soon so he can come along too...if his mommy let's him outside again! (see the link to B.J.'s blog for an explanation of this comment).

No comments: