Saturday, June 04, 2011

I'm on a boat!!!

The weather was amazing on the May long weekend so we took the opportunity to visit Aunt Aly and Uncle Tom's sailboat.

I was excited to take the Marina Ferry over. It's so much better than the Toronto Island Ferry because it's cheaper, WAY less busy and takes us right into the Toronto Marina.

I loved seeing the view of the city from the water. Mommy and Sloanie had already been to the boat the previous day so I was excited to see what I missed out on.

Here's a front view of the "Live n' Learn".
(side note: Uncle Tom hates the name of the boat but there are strong superstitions about renaming boats so he's stuck with it!)

Mommy thought I might be a bit nervous about going on the boat but I LOVED it!

Even though we were docked, Mommy insisted on me wearing a life jacket...especially since Karina (Tom's niece) had fallen off the boat the day before!

I invited Daddy up to my favourite spot to sit at the front of the boat.

There's a bed on the boat and a kitchen! I can't wait to sleep over (hint, hint).

Sloanie and I got some cuddles in on the couch down below. Mommy was inspired and took Sloanie's 6 month pics on the boat.

I manage to lure some loons up to the boat with some Smart Food popcorn.

And to my amazement, even a swan came for a visit. We all thought that was neat until it started to hiss at Aunt Aly's dog. Mommy was just happy that she got an opportunity to use one of her fav quotes from Billy Madison..."Stop looking at me, SWAN!"

After dinner on the deck at the Island Marina restaurant, it was time to head back across the lake.

Since we were the only ones on the Ferry on our return trip, Daddy and I got to sit on the back of the boat and soak up the last remaining rays of the sun.
What a wonderful way to watch the sunset.

Thanks for hosting us on your boat, Aunt Aly and Uncle Tom.
We can't wait to come back for a visit and hopefully a sail!

No comments: