Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Mon premier jour d'ecole!!

Well...the day Mommy has been anxiously awaiting has arrived - my first day of school.
Or as we say en francais, mon premier jour d'ecole!

As is evident with my giant smile, I was very excited about my transition to what I call "grown up school". I loved that I can walk there each morning and it only takes 10 minutes. And I get to wear my very own back pack.

On the way to school, we met up with my friend Samara. We've known each other since our mommies met in baby group back when we were only 3 months old.
The great news is that we are in the same class!!!

After I met my teacher, Madame Alanna, and spent the morning in class, we were able to invite our mommy's in to see our new classroom and show them around. My favourite play station is the toy kitchen (although I'm sure that is no surprise).

We also have a very nice French book selection...and I was happy to see we have some of the books that I already have at home.

After Mommy saw my class, met my teacher and chatted with some other parents, it was time to go home.

I was thrilled with my new school. As I told Nana, "it's fantastic!". Not only do I get to learn French, but I also get to come home in the afternoons.

No comments: