Sunday, August 01, 2010

I'm a sister, not a brother!!!

These are the words my mommy uttered when she helped Nana deliver Aunt Aly.  She was so excited to learn the baby was a girl that she ran into the waiting room and told the family she was a sister and not a brother!

And the same holds true for me since I'M HAVING A SISTER!

I was so excited when Daddy told me after class that I ran back to my classroom and yelled at my entire class "I'm having two sisters!!!".  My teachers immediately thought Mommy was having twins.  What I meant was that I was going to be a big sister to a little sister.  EXCITING!!!!

Mommy wishes she video taped my excitement so when my sister and I are fighting (over shoes, boys and clothes), she can remind me how thrilled I was about her.

I can't wait to play Barbies with her, dress up like Princesses and go shopping for shoes with her.  And I would be lying if I didn't admit that I'm also looking forward to bossing her around :-)

1 comment:

Leah said...

Congratulations, little girls are awesome! Plus, you get to reuse all your great outfits from Sky!