Friday, August 14, 2009

My first ballet recital

At the end of May, the day that Mommy has been waiting for since signing me up for dance class last September finally arrived - my very first ballet recital!!


The theme for the recital was Under the Big Top and my class were clowns.

Mommy was worried when she got the memo that all girls had to put their hair in a bun (you know who fine my hair is!). But after an entire package of bobby pins, barrettes and a whole lot of hair spray the impossible was accomplished. Behold - the world's smallest bun!!

Once Aunt Aly arrived, I had to give her a little taste of what she was going to see.



One more pose before we hit the road for the Dance Academy.

I was so nervous before I went back stage that I panicked and asked Aunt Aly:
"Aunt Aly...do I look beautiful?"
No flash was allowed in the auditorium so the pics mommy took during the performance turned out a wee bit fuzzy.

but...you get the drift...and confirmation that I am indeed the shortest kid in my class!



I was so happy at the end of my show and proud of how well I did that I couldn't stop posing.
Jazz hands!!!

Mommy was so proud of me too!

We went to visit Daddy at the motionball Marathon of Sport at Havergal College after the recital so we could share the details with him and have a celebratory ice cream from the ice cream truck.
Congratulations Skylar - you danced so well and Mommy was very proud of the wonderful job you did!
XOXOXOXOXOX


No comments: