Sunday, July 27, 2008

We went to the Zoo, Zoo, Zoo!!

A few weekends ago, we took our annual trip to the Zoo. I'm actually going with the Jr. Preschool class on July 31st at well (I'm such a lucky girl) so this was a practice run.


The gorillas are always one of my favourite stops. The silverback's name is Charlie and he was playing with his little baby.

Mommy took this pic of Daddy and I watching them play as she couldn't help but see the similarities in the way that the gorilla parents and babies interacted. If Daddy starts checking my body for ticks, we're in big trouble!!

While visiting the giraffes, we couldn't help but remember my visit to their pen last year. You may recall that I tossed my favourite sun hat over the railing and Uncle Sean managed to rescue it with a giant stick! This year, Daddy was on to my tricks and guarded my Crocs closely!

The elephants are always entertaining. And I'm especially partial to them since I'm currently obsessed with the movies Dumbo and Horton hears a Who.
When we got to lions, I seemed to not realize there was a Do Not Tap on the Glass sign directly above my head.
Firstly...I wasn't tapping. I was gently massaging the glass. And secondly...I CAN'T READ!

We also paid a visit to Daddy's nemesis...the Cheetah. My faithful blog readers may recall that, on our last zoo visit, Daddy boasted that he could for sure "take" the Cheetah. Not sure he means by that but I do know I don't like his odds!!
"See Daddy...that orange and white one right there is NEMO!!"
Much to Mommy and Daddy's dismay, I seemed to more delighted with the fake Kimodo Dragon than I did with most of the live animals.

But the highlight of our visit was going to Sting Ray Bay and touching the live Sting Rays as they swam by. I LOVED that!!

No comments: