Monday, January 28, 2008

My Florida Vacation

For Christmas, Nana and Papa gave us a trip to Florida to visit them in Naples.

Mmm...this giant bag of M&M's Daddy gave me will help keep my flying jitters at bay (and likely counteract the Gravol mommy hopes will knock me out during the flight.

We brought out own DVD player but our Air Canada flight had personal ones on every chair AND they even had the Backyardigans!!!


After crying on the flight for an entire hour...I was exhausted when we got to Naples and passed out on my way to Nana and Papa's house. What we didn't realize was that I was getting not one ear infection but two!!

The next day we went to the beach! I've never been to a beach before and I've never seen the ocean so I was very excited!


Papa showed me how to building sand castles.

Papa takes castle building very seriously...if you could read the shirt of the guy to his left, you would see he is a "Survey Tech"!
While Papa took the structured castle approach, Nana taught me how to build them free form. I enjoyed swishing my fingers in the sand.
Daddy helped me took for some sea shells to decorate my castle.
And I even ventured into the water...it was chilly but refreshing.
Let's go in again Daddy!
"What do you mean Papa can't find the keys to the house? It's 85 degrees out here!"
"You guys are kidding right? You guys??"
"That's okay! I'll just have a little picnic in the car while we wait for Mommy to shimmy through a window :-) Cheese string anyone?"
I was a little fish in the swimming pool as well. And I especially enjoyed watching the alligators swim in the pond just outside the backyard fence. Mommy, as you can well imagine, did not!
On our last night in Florida, Aunt Katie, Uncle Mark and cousin B.J. arrived. I love Aunt Katie...she knows tons of silly and fun songs.
Daddy and Uncle Mark had a little competition to see who could build the highest tower with our building blocks.
Uncle Mark was victorious (don't tell Daddy I said that!).

Just like Papa, Uncle Mark loved to help me build sand castles. It helped to keep my mind off of how sick I was feeling.

He showed me that the secret to a really good tower was the magical tap on the top of the bucket before pulling it off. As he would say, "that's key!"

Beej and I enjoyed walking along the beach with our toes in the sand. Daddy says he's the only boy I'm allowed to hold hands with because he's my cousin!

I love when Daddy holds me in his hand way up in the sky!

Thanks Nana and Papa for a wonderful trip to Florida. I'm sorry I was cranky and sick the entire time. I promise I'll be better by the time I am 4 (which Mommy and Daddy said is the age I have to reach before I am allowed to travel again!!)

No comments: