Monday, November 26, 2007

Happy 2nd Birthday to ME!!!

Yep...you guessed it - I turned 2 years old on November 25th. To celebrate, Mommy and Daddy threw me a Backyardigans tea party (okay...it was supposed to be just a tea party, but when we went shopping for decorations, I protested a bit!!)

Darcy took a picture of The Backyardigans and turned it into "The Skylardigans" and we projected it on the wall in our living room. It features my cousins (from L to R): Sarah as "Tasha", Loeke as "Tyrone", Me as "Pablo", Kaya as "Uniqua" and B.J. as Austin. Thanks so much Uncle Darc!!!!

Nana and Aunt Aly got into the theme with their Pablo and Uniqua masks. A big thanks to them for coming early to help Mommy set up!

Nana C and Nana Jody put up all kinds of streamers and balloons.

Nana K was there too with lots of hugs for the birthday girl.

My cousins came as well...Beej enjoyed playing with my Alphabet fridge magnets (thank godness since Mommy bought him a set for Christmas..sshhh...don't tell him!).

Sarah was the perfect, quiet little guest as always.

And Kaya looked super cute in her pretty plaid skirt (too bad Mommy cut it off in this picture!).

We had a minor incident with the cake...when Mommy opened it before the party she discovered that it said Happy 2nd Birthday Zachery! But Mommy's Aunt Kathy managed to fix it with an emergency trip for some icing!

It all worked out in the end and my cake looked great...but somewhere there was a Zachery wondering why there are princesses on his cake and who the heck Skylar is!!!

Pablo helped me blow out the candles on my brownie cake.

We had make -your-own sundaes with toppings too. Mmm...Smarties are my favourite (Mommy blames Nana KJ for that!).

Then Daddy brought out a pinata!!!

I seriously get to hit this thing with my giant stick??

Sweet!!! I'd back up if I were you!

Whack it harder, Skylar! Hurray...the candy is flying everywhere. Time to get me some sugar!

Nana! There are whistles and toys in here too! And while no one was looking...

...Beej thought he would help himself to a little Hubba Bubba!!

Hey! I think he took all of the SweetTarts too!

Mommy made a video of my 2nd year and we all went into the living room to watch it.

Daddy...get closer! I don't want to miss one minute of it.

Then it was time to open presents. Which went very well until...

...I unwrapped the soccer ball and Dora book that Uncle Mark gave me. Then I had to stop everything and kick the ball around.

Then I had to read my Dora book with Daddy...

...and with Mom's friend Auntie Jenny.

"While she's busy reading...I'll just play with this ball. God...it's pink. Is everything in here pink? Where are the dump trucks and race cars?"

"I can't take it...I'm overloaded with all of these dollhouses and these pink things - I want outta here!"

Beej felt better after a game of airplane with his Daddy.

After the party, I put on my new winter coat from Uncle Lindsay and my new super cute pink boots from my godmother, Auntie Meigs and went for a walk. Here I am practising modelling for the Sears Catalogue. Hey, it could happen. Daddy was in the Walmart flyer, after all!

******
I had a super 2nd birthday! Thank you to everyone for sharing this special milestone with me!
Love and hugs,
Skylar

No comments: