Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!!!

After weeks of anticipation, Halloween finally arrived. I had a Halloween party at school so I was already buzzing from a sugar high and was ready to hit the streets. Aunt Aly, Auntie Meigs (my God mother) and Kyan came over so they could come with us.

This is me showing Auntie Meigs what a monkey does.

Okay...here's the cutest monkey ever!

Photo op with Daddy...are we going yet?


Seriously...I've got my personalized candy bag that Aunt Katie made me and I'm ready to go people. All of the candy on Keewatin street will be gone!!

Are you sure my new red wagon can hold all of the candy I'm gonna score tonight?

Okay Aunt Aly...what do I do again? Hold the container, say "Trick" and then "thank you"? Am I supposed to add the word "treat" in there? Why is this so complicated?!

I think Aunt Aly is ripping off my candy! I could have sworn I got two Kit Kat bars at that last house.

I'm gettin' the hang of this trick or treating thing. On to the next house.

Whoa! Hold on just a minute. What is that? Hmmm...no lights on, no candy and no kids. Think it's a person or a dummy?? Well...after Aunt Aly tossed a few rocks at it we discovered the answer...REAL. Now RUNNN!

With my head down, I look like a real monkey. Time to investigate some of these goodies.

This one looks like it would be quite tasty.

Oh yeah....chocolate rules!

At the end of Keewatin, there is a cemetary...spooky!!

After some chocolate, I got my second wind!

I'm never too busy to grab a hug from Mommy. And besides, she was carrying some of my Halloween candy.

This is a great shot of the banana costume Mommy made for Aunt Aly's dog, Kyan. He was such a good dog to wear it most of the night. It was a big hit with other trick or treaters!

Not only is Keewatin Street a treasure trove of candy right around the corner from me, but my friend Samara lives there too. We've been friends since we were 4 months old (our Mommies met in baby group).

Once we got home, my sugar high ended! Where have all the good times gone??

And Kyan decided that he would rather put on his devil costume and chew Mommy's slipper than eat any candy. Although he did try to eat a caramel with the wrapper still on it. We managed to get it away from him in time, but I'll give him an "A" for effort!

Mommy and Daddy may have implemented a 'no more candy' before bed rule, but I still have my Doritos!

*******
Thanks Aunt Aly and Auntie Meigs for coming out with me for my 2nd Halloween. It was such a fun night. I'm already making plans for next year!!!

No comments: